27 Sep, 2022
Halloween is just around the corner, so why not make these ghoulish meringues with your leftover aquafaba! Perfect for any trick-or-treaters who may come knocking!
1. Preheat your oven to 130C.
2. Place the chickpea water into a large mixing bowl. Add the cream of tartar and whisk it with an electric whisk for 5-7 minutes until you get stiff peaks.
3. Slowly add in the icing sugar whilst continuing to whisk. You should end up with a glossy, fluffy mixture.
4. Transfer the aquafaba to a piping bag with a round nozzle and pipe your ghost shapes onto a lined baking tray.
5. Transfer to the oven and bake for 2 hours. Leave the ghosts in the oven to cool down entirely, then remove.
6. Melt 1-2 tsp of melted chocolate spread and use a toothpick to carefully add eyes and mouths onto your ghosts.
6. Keep in an airtight container and serve for your next Halloween celebrations