Cassoulet has long been familiar with American and European cuisine. However, the meal is not originally vegan-friendly so here is the recipe for Vegan Sausage and Bean Cassoulet with Vegetable Stock.
Vegan Sausage and Bean Cassoulet with Vegetable Stock
Nước xốt rau củ kho – Knorr (112g)
- 1 small bunch of fresh thyme, to garnish
- 4 baked jacket potatoes, to serve
How to cook:
- In a heavy bottom pan on medium heat add a tbsp of vegetable oil. Finely chop the onion and add to the pan.
- Crush the garlic and roughly chop the pepper into small pieces. Add to the pan, stir and let fry for a few minutes until the pepper has softened.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes, dried thyme, smoked paprika and tomato puree. Stir and let cook for a minute.
- Next add the chopped tomatoes, stock, balsamic vinegar and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and leave for 20 minutes.
- Fry the sausages in a separate pan on medium heat according to packet instructions.
- After 20 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper.
Dried Sausage and Bean Cassoulet
Add the sausages to the stew and sprinkle over your fresh thyme leaves. Serve with the jacket potatoes and enjoy!