27 Sep, 2022
There is nothing better than turning over-ripe bananas into nutritious chocolate chip banana bread. Baking this loaf is so much fun, and is also really easy to make!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Grease a loaf tin and line it with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas, and mix in the maple syrup, sunflower oil, milk, flax seeds, water, and vanilla extract until it reaches a smooth consistency.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Then pour your wet mixture into your dry ingredients and whisk it all together until smooth and fold in your chocolate chip pieces.
4. Spread the batter into your prepared loaf tin and smoothen it out on top with a spatula and sprinkle some chocolate chips and jumbo oats on top for decorative purposes.
5. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until golden. If unsure, poke a skewer through the loaf and if it comes out clean, then you know the banana bread is baked all the way through.
6. Once removed from the oven, let the banana bread cool for around 20 minutes before removing it from the tin, then you can cut it into slices and enjoy!